Tuesday 18 December 2007

Holiday Drabbles

I was away for this weekend, so didn't manage to write anything on my NaNo. I finally managed to get a few words down this morning, but it was only 340 - I spent most of the day developing a new website instead and the story just wasn't grabbing me. It will, I'm sure, but I'm on one of those scenes that starts out great then drags itself out til you're not sure where it's going or how on earth you're going to bring it to a close. Tomorrow's aim is not a number of words, but simply to close that scene. Stupid uncooperative MMC.

I did get some other writing done though. As a Christmas gift to some of my online friends, I've offered to write them fandom-related drabbles. Well, I say drabbles, but they're hitting about 800 words each at the moment. I wrote one by hand over the weekend, so today I typed it up and finished it off. I also started on the second and am now 600 words in. So if nothing else I'm keeping the creative juices flowing, which is good. Don't know what I'm going to do over Christmas - will be away for another ten days or so. Guess I'll just have to do my best to grab a PC when I can.

No comments: