Thursday 13 December 2007

Alarms & Excuses

Having spent the previous evening talking long into the night with my DH about nothing in particular, I didn't get up early yesterday morning, and guess what? I wrote nothing. Not a single word made it into the document.

This morning my alarm made me literally jump (quite a feat when you're lying on your back in bed - asleep, I might add) and I snuggled back down to recover. Woke up an hour later and finally dragged myself out of bed. Unfortunately I was rather preoccupied, thinking that the express Amazon order I made yesterday wasn't going to arrive, so I made the mistake of switching on the router and checking Amazon, which was quickly followed by LJ, Facebook and various forums, not to mention all the blogs I've been keeping an eye on. So nearly an hour later, I still haven't written anything productive.

For the first time in a while, I'm actually not completely sure what's going to happen next in the story, and that's not helping, but I'm mid-scene - even if I can't picture the next one, I do know this bit, so I have no excuse. Well, I will for the next few days, since we're going to stay with my parents til Monday, so although the document will be making it onto my USB drive I don't think I'll be writing anything. Oh, how I long for a laptop. They're just so expensive though, and we *really* can't afford it right now. Particularly now that the big website we were due to do has pretty much fallen through - I wish people would explain things properly in their briefs. On the plus side, though, I guess that'll mean more time to write. I did apply for an online research job on Monday, which would be great - it's one of those things you can literally do when you feel like it. Haven't heard back yet, have no idea when I will.

So. I'm going to try and write now. Wish me luck.

No comments: