Friday 12 February 2010

My writing space

Quite some time ago - approximately eight months ago in fact, when I first moved into this house - I promised the Wiffers some photos of my writing room. And since I am way behind in my blogging and currently trying to make my way through the rather messy world of my revisions on Amulet, this seemed like a good time to make good on my word. Well, better late than never, right?

So, here we go.


My whiteboard is on the left, with the collage for Amulet taking up most of the space. While I was working on the first draft of The Bonded, that collage was up instead. I use the part below the collage for random notes, key quotes, and change it whenever something better or more relevant comes along. On the right I keep track of my goals.

Then there's the desk, as you can see. When I'm writing, the laptop's in pride of place. Since I'm editing at the moment, there's revision notes, pens, index cards, and usually the lever arch file containing the manuscript.


And there's the view from my desk, looking out onto the park. I got lucky there.





The rest of the room consists of two bookcases, a filing cabinet and my craft drawers. And that's it really.

I like it. I'm not really at home often enough to take full advantage, of course, but when I am, it makes a pretty good writing space.

What about you? Where do you like to write?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't having a view out the window just wonderful? I love mine . . . well most of the time, except in the winter when the view rarely changes for weeks but the rest of the time it's pure magic.

Davina Pearson said...

It's fantastic - and even when it's the same view day in and day out, there's usually something to see since people are often taking their dogs for a walk while I'm writing! I loved watching the view change as we came into autumn - looking forward to seeing how it goes now spring's approaching!