Saturday 31 October 2009

Two hours and fifteen minutes to plot a novel...

I'm a day late posting, but I seem to be a day behind on all my goals this week.
  • Finish ficlet

  • Story plotting using How to Think Sideways methods

  • Collage
I did finish the ficlet way back at the beginning of the week. The collage however was put off until today (and first I had to figure out how to transfer the last one from where it was beautifully blu-tacked to the whiteboard to a sheet of paper I could actually keep it on). I did spend a couple of hours mid-week finding pictures, but it wasn't until today that I actually compiled them.

There were two reasons for the delay, and these also explain why I've failed to complete the plotting modules. As you may remember, last week I'd decided that I was going to write a completely non-magical story this time around. Well... that sort of fizzled out. As soon as I tried to take it a step further than concepts and actually work out a story, I realised I didn't care enough to write it. So instead I'm writing a fantasy story that's been hiding in the depths of my imagination for a few years - I finally feel it might be the time to write it. So today I found names for the four key characters, and then I put together a collage.

It's now 21:45. I have two hours and fifteen minutes until NaNoWriMo starts. I really want to get some key plot points outlined on paper before I go to bed - I have a very rough idea in my head, but I want more so that when tomorrow morning rolls around I can get on and write. So... that's tonight's goal. As for my week's goals - well, they're pretty straightforward, given the month.
  • Hit 10K in NaNo story

  • Blog post
I am choosing to ignore the fact that I'm going to be away from home for the next ten days. Must be optimistic...

Current word count:

0 / 50000 words. 0% done!

1 comment:

Pamela Cayne said...

You're going to do great, Davina! And please post your collage--I love looking at them! See you around the forums for support!!!